Feb 28, 2020
PEDH 154 - Team Sports II
Credit Hours: 1
Lecture Hours: 2
Laboratory Hours: 0
This course introduces students to the fundamentals of soccer and softball. Focus is on the following aspects of each sport: techniques, tactics, rules, game strategy, selection and care of equipment, safety, scouting, and an appreciation of participation in the sport. The games approach will be used to develop the learning process. Exposure to proper methodology and developmentally appropriate activities will help prepare students for subsequent teaching experience. Students will apply their knowledge by teaching one activity in each unit of the class.
Student Learning Outcomes of the Course: The student will
- Examine the philosophy of soccer and softball.
- Review the history of soccer and softball.
- Analyze strategies involved in the sports.
- Understand the rules for each sport.
- Develop basic skills in each sport in order to be able to demonstrate as an instructor. (NASPE: 1.2)
- Develop, demonstrate and improve teaching techniques.
- Gain appreciation of the sports thru participation in skill demonstrations.
- Understand and provide motivation for student learning.
- Apply game-centered approach by creating and teaching an activity to the class. (NASPE: 4.1)