Oct 20, 2021
AECT 370 - Site Engineering
Credit Hours: 3
Lecture Hours: 3
Laboratory Hours: 3
This course focuses on engineering methods and strategies applied to shaping the earth’s surface to accommodate buildings and associated construction. The course is presented in both lecture and studio format. Theory presented in lecture will be applied to the graphic solution of site engineering problems in the studio.
Student Learning Outcomes of the Course:
- Read and graphically express landforms.
- Use surveying tools to collect data and create a topographic base map.
- Discuss how soils relate to construction and drainage.
- Use computer software to express and visualize existing conditions and design proposals.
- Perform basic storm water management calculations and
- Apply storm water best management practices.
- Understand road alignment principles.
- Create a basic site layout plan.
- Apply knowledge from the above topics to create creative grading design solutions.
- Understanding equipment selection and production rates
- Review crane types and operation