ARCH 350 - Sustainable Systems II
Credit Hours: 3
Lecture Hours: 3
Laboratory Hours: 0
Prerequisite(s): ARCH 220
In this second environmental systems course, students will explore sustainable design strategies for water, lighting and acoustics and how they relate to building systems, site, region, and human health and safety.
Student Learning Outcomes of the Course:
1. Explain the concept of sustainability.
2. Understand how water, lighting and acoustics impact human health, economy and the environment.
3. Examine passive and active water, lighting and acoustics systems for building design.
4. Analyze relevant code, safety regulation and rating systems that impact building water, lighting and acoustics.
5. Analyze how site and region impact water, lighting, acoustics, and sustainable design.